Ward & Associates Health Services consultants are seasoned, professional veteran experts within their respective fields in long term care and senior living with proven successful results. Some are actual veterans who have served our country. They exemplify personal and professional commitment, leadership, integrity, and a passion to serve our clients to improve quality outcomes for the elderly and equip and train senior care professionals for success.
- We have a passion for partnering with our clients, providing subject matter expertise in operations and systems management; regulatory compliance and effective leadership to promote facilities to service excellence, provide sustainability, visibility and attain company vision.
- We have expertise in management of crisis situations as turnaround specialists. We have excellent ability to manage between the tactical and strategic management of operations to achieve dramatic positive results.
We believe every human being deserves to live his or her life to the fullest and to be provided care that is “restoring” in nature in order to improve quality of life to the very end. This is quality of care.
We know the 1987 OBRA-Omnibus Reconciliation Act mandating that skilled nursing facilities:
- Provide the necessary care and services to maintain and attain their highest practicable physical, mental, and psycho-social well being
- Must ensure that a resident obtains optimal improvement and does not deteriorate within the limits of their rights to refuse treatment and within the limits of recognized pathology and the normal aging process
- Provide residents with appropriate treatment and services to maintain or improve abilities
These acts became their own Federal regulations and the Minimum Data Set (MDS) was added to the OBRA budget bill of 1987 to “universalize assessment” so all residents receive an individualized plan of care providing services to maintain them at their highest function. The MDS became ground zero..the “core operations tool” for skilled nursing facilities and the basis for the 5 Star Quality Rating system, survey preparation, Federal funding (Medicare/Medicaid).
We know this “inside and out”. Senior care centers that focus on Restorative programs will improve their Quality Measures and 5 Star Rating, reimbursement rates and improve their marketing strategies within the community while increasing likelihood of CMS Centers for Medicare and Medicare Services regulatory compliance and licensure compliance.